Well, you can say I’m very behind writing this since we are basically in February. Unfortunately 2018 has been off to a rough start for our family. We discovered a HUGE leak behind our dishwasher that traveled into our family room. The leak caused major water damage to our walls and cabinets. The worst part is that it was a silent leak; it went on for months without any signs. Even when we pulled out our dishwasher there were no signs of water… until you touched the wall and your finger went right through the drywall (insert eye roll emoji here). Anyway, we had to rip out three of our cabinets and all of the drywall. Our house was basically a construction zone (again) for three weeks. Finally, we’re all back to normal over here and I can jot down what my goals are for this year.
- Take vitamins daily – I am THE worst at taking vitamins. I do it religiously when I’m pregnant and then quickly fall off the wagon a few weeks after delivery.
- Stick to a cleaning routine during the week – it’s hard with a baby but I’m determined. If the house isn’t tidy I feel like the walls are caving in and get in a bad mood.
- Drink enough water – something that I have always been good at but throw a baby in the mix and I forget to drink.
- Purge and organize around the house – tackle one room or place a week, set the timer for 30 min and purge away! Would anyone be interested in blog posts regarding my organizing? How about a linkup?
- Have grace with myself – I have a lot on my plate and I do as best as I can, but I get upset when I can’t do as much as I did before the baby was born. I have to remember this is just a season of life, it will pass and what is most important is spending time with my kids and soaking these moments in.
- Blog weekly. I enjoy blogging but just don’t have as much time for it as I used to, but I want to try posting on a weekly basis again. I’m not going to put an exact number out there because I don’t want to disappoint myself (or you!). So ‘wekly’ it is!
- Work more on my Beautycounter business. I LOVE the company and products. I seriously cannot say enough good things. The products are amazing and most importantly are non-toxic. I want to talk more about it and reach as many women as I can because I think it is so important for women (and men) to use non-toxic products. Too many of the products that we use are filled with horrible ingredients that lead to so many health problems. Why not start by using products that don’t have toxins that seep into our skin? That being said, if any of you have any questions about the products or want to try any samples – let me know! I’m so not a direct sales person, so you don’t have to to worry about pushing you to buy anything.
- Post more consistently on Instagram – a few posts a week and also try doing more Instastories. I enjoy watching everyone’s Instastories but always am so nervous to talk, forget OR just think that what I’m doing isn’t exciting enough.
- Set up a more concrete morning schedule. We start school anywhere from 9 am – 10 am. Before school starts, I’d like to enforce the kids to have their teeth brushed and have them be out of pajamas. It’s so easy to stay in pj’s all day but I want to change that. When they grow up, they’re going to get a job and will need a routine so I’d like to start getting them used to that now.
- I also want them to focus more on reading. They’re both doing great, but you can never practice reading enough in my opinion.
- Do more art and science experiments
That’s it! Those are my goals. I could go on and on, but let’s be real – I have a baby and there’s no way I can achieve a list a mile long.
What are some of your goals this year?